Wednesday, August 15, 2007

She turns SIXTY.

I remember ten years ago, I was a 7th std kid wearing a cap made the previous night with chart-paper and the Swarna-Jayanthi (Golden Jubilee 50th year) carefully drawn on it by sketch pens!

Ten years....I was too small to ponder on stuff then!

I am told, many in 1947 (those who werent Indians, but other International Observers) thought such a perceived nation with astonishing diversity without a firm raaj (British) would just not hold on for long !
But she survived, as an entity, whose identity is now DIVERSITY. This is cliched I know, but its a profound statement made cliched!

This is always true of sustainable systems.

The one that is
not predicted to be a star success often happens to be one.
Just look around you..let this statement marinate in your minds and you'll see what I mean!

In which other country can you find tropical rain forests,bio-hot spots(western ghats) and the desert; sub zero cold,the tallest mountain range and an ocean named after the country,a leper begging next to a parked Honda Civic and a Merc CD 230s ( I witnessed this in Delhi's Chandni Chowk).
I can go on and on. Those were my impromptu thoughts when I thought of her diversity.

There is never anything absolutely right in India. So is it, with sustainable systems. There is no right or wrong!By allowing everything to exist (co-exist?) India maintains equilibrium. No hasty decisions.Slow...steady...like a Giant Sequoia...stable because nothing spectacular happens. Yet when others decide to take notice...they realise they are facing a giant.

SIXTY. And its just the end of the beginning, isn't it?


No comments: